Private Yoga Sessions
Private Yoga Sessions
A private yoga session embraces the original format of teaching Yoga with personalized one-on-one instruction. As our bodies and minds develop and change over time (at different rates!), each person's Yoga practice needs to respond to those changes to remain effective. Regardless of level, age or stage of life, a private yoga session provides the perfect setting to address your individual goals and needs. Personalized yoga lessons are the most effective form of Yoga, and the quickest way to reach your goals. From basic back care to stress reduction, a private session adapts the practice of yoga to build your self-care and enhance your quality of life.
FOR BEGINNERS Robert will introduce you to the fundamentals of yoga postures and breathing techniques, selecting postures which meet your specific needs. Leading by example with slow demonstration to ensure that you develop a safe and beneficial yoga practice. (hands on adjustments will be part of in-person sessions)
FOR EXPERIENCED Explore specific areas of interest, work on mastering more advanced postures or learn to overcome any fears that might be holding your practice back. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a customized daily practice that is practical to use your time wisely, which can improve the quality of your life. Even 10 minutes a day is better than a 1 hour yoga class once a week. It is our daily lifestyle habits that create who we are.
HOW DO PRIVATE YOGA SESSIONS WORK? Robert would meet at your home, place of business, rented studio space or over Skype. We will begin by discussing your needs, concerns, questions and goals. Then we work together, considering your individual situation, to develop a practice that is perfect and possible for you with your current lifestyle.
* * *SEMI-PRIVATE CLASSES POSSIBLE AS WELL FOR UP TO 3 PEOPLE* * *
WHY CONSIDER PRIVATE YOGA SESSIONS ?
- You are brand new to yoga. Would you like to join the neighbourhood yoga studio or attend yoga classes at your gym but are just too shy to jump in? Private sessions are an excellent way to begin your own yoga practice. Develop your confidence by learning the fundamentals of yoga at your own pace. Ask questions when you like, take your time learning the poses, rest when you need to, and receive the individualized attention that you may not feel comfortable asking for in a group setting.
- You would like to deepen or strengthen your practice. Perhaps you are interested in understanding more about the ancient and broad teachings of Yoga. You may want to investigate more difficult poses or receive complete and detailed adjustments. Or there may be specific practices such as pranayama (breath work) or meditation that you would like to add to your practice. Private sessions allow us to tailor the teaching to your specific desires and inquiries.
- You would like to develop a home practice. You may be a beginner or experienced yogi who understands the benefits of a daily practice, but would like assistance developing one. Together we can create your own practice, working on your areas of interest such as alignment, sequencing, pranayama, meditation and/or the philosophical aspects of yoga.
- You have been away from yoga for a while. You’ve had an active practice in the past but are just getting back into yoga, perhaps due to a health condition or injury. Private sessions can allow us to reintegrate your body back into your practice while taking special care of your physical or emotional needs.